#BU004 – Common
Label: Berlin Underground
Release date: 2015-11-27
Catalog number: BU004
What’s Underground? It is not easy to answer this question and we do not want to discuss is. However, for us Mike Wall with his famous label “Wall Music”, as well as Christian Kliché who recently got attention in the deejay.de Techno-Vinyl charts with his track “Tightrope” published on “Wall Music”, represent Underground Music. Dark, strange sounds arranged with deep bass lines and a nice analog character bring the current BU004 release entitled “Common” together.
Mike Wall is the owner of the Berlin label “Wall Music” which publishes since 2010 not only digital productions. On “Wall Music Limited” selected tracks are published on vinyl.
2008 Mike was more into Deep-House with his label “Orphism Recordings”. Since the opening of the international famous Berlin club „Suicide Circus“ he is resident DJ there. For many years he has been working together with renowned artists on numerous projects. Originally, however, Mike Wall comes from Miro war Lärz, where the well-known “Fusion” Festival has its roots.
His style is very monotonous and always varied at the same time – a sound that lovers of techno music immediately shoots down the legs. To combine different styles and to achieve a whole new versatility is his talent, for example it is reflected in his track “1407” on the double-vinyl album “Three” again.
Christian Kliché was born in 1983 in Cologne, and discovered early his addiction to any kind of percussions and percussion instruments. His clock accuracy was quickly recognized by his former drum teacher whereupon he got a place at the Remscheid Academy of Music in 1994. Udo Women, drummer of the famous rock band “Judas Preast” was his mentor at the time, and Christian was elected three times in a row as the best newcomer North Rhine Westphalia. In 1998, Christian discovered Tribehouse, which was his first step into electronic music. Constantly driven by his ambition and his newfound passion, soon he got his first turntable.
In 2008 he played his first opening in El Devino on Ibiza followed by countless gigs at famous venues like Tresor in Berlin, the Douala in Ravensburg or the Elektroküche in Cologne. For more than 4 years in a row now Christian Kliché plays alongside known acts like “Brian Sanhaji” or “Dr. Motte” at the “Nature One” festival or the “Ruhr in Love” and many other major festivals. 2015 his vinyl EP “Tightrope” was charted as number 1 at the deejay.de Techno charts!
Due the analog touches of the EP “Common” Florian Meindl mastered all tracks with his project “Riemann Mastering” – that gave the release an unmistakable character.
The cover was designed by the young artist Andreas Hörbiger in the beautiful mountains of Tyrol. From this artist you will hear a lot more for shure, not only in Berlin Underground.
- Mike Wall: https://www.facebook.com/mikewallberlin
- Christian Kliché: https://www.facebook.com/christian.kliche
- Riemann Mastering: https://www.facebook.com/RiemannMastering
- Andreas Hörbiger: https://www.facebook.com/andreas.horbiger
- Distale: SON is fucking good yeah!
- DJ Warp: very nice funky Techno!!! will play “Uno” Arigato from Japan 🙂
- Bodyscrub: nice release, thanks!
- Eastone: UNO is a KILLLER 🙂 Nice Release
- Slam: will road test these thanks
- Markus Bohm: YEAH! Resonat ep!!! max support by my part! UNO love it! I will play for sure!
- Marky: all tracks are great.. but “SON” is the one for me. cheers
- Bruno Ledesma: Excellent music, Mike rock as always. Thanks
- Stefano Infusino: Cool stuff, will try for sure! thx
- Diction: Nice, will try, Thanks!